Our CEO Bart Kwan on Why We Created the Amphibious Shorts:
"I served in the Marine Corps from 2003 to 2009. Specifically, with 3D ANGLICO which stands for Third Air Naval Gunfire Liaison Company. Because of our missions, we had to be well versed in Air, Land, and Sea operations. Our training reflected that — it’s not unusual for our Marines to jump out of an airplane, conduct water rescue exercises, and run long distance through mountains all in the same day. Because of that, any gear that excelled in multiple environments was highly valuable to us.
After I got out of the Marine Corps, I continued to train in the same way. I lift weights, run, swim, grapple, kick box... yet I didn’t own any one pair of shorts that could withstand the demands of every sport I did. So I wanted to make a short that can meet the demands of all aspects of training. A short that would be valued for both civilian and military use."
Meet the Amphibious Shorts.
They're long and durable enough to take repeated scrapes from a barbell during dead lifts and cleans, but also lightweight enough to keep you moving freely during a run. Additionally, they're water-resistant, drying quickly after a swim and have a 4-way stretch, accommodating the constant twisting and pulling of combat sports. All of these features wrapped up into a covert design makes them casual enough to still wear as everyday lounge shorts.
- 4-way stretch with side slits to allow for greater range of motion
- Bonded hems, minimizing bulk and providing lightweight performance
- Durable mesh quick-dry side pockets to store small items
- Rear zippered pocket to secure your phone or other valuable belongings
- Elastic waistband with drawstring for a secure, adjustable fit
- Fast-drying, low-moisture absorbency fabric to seamlessly transition from sea to land
- 7-inch inseam for a comfortable, breezy fit
- Branded woven label on wearer’s left leg hem to represent the Brigade
- Grab your favorite pair of running shorts
- Lay it flat
The Waist Width -Measure across, from side seam to side seam, at the top of the shorts (full circumference)
Please allow a 0.5" variance +/- in measurements.
- Find what size most closely fits your measurements using the following image:
click to enlarge